Join Our Team
A Diverse Staff of Dedicated and Passionate People
The Eiteljorg Museum seeks to attract, recruit, and support a diverse staff of talented people. We offer competitive packages and practice equal opportunity employment policies. In this section, find listings for any open positions.
VP of Facilities, Safety, Security & IT
Are you a seasoned professional with a passion for managing complex systems and ensuring the seamless operation of facilities in a dynamic environment? We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to join our team as the Vice President of Facilities, Safety, Security, and Technology. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of our museum building, overseeing intricate environmental and security systems. Additionally, you’ll play a crucial role in the care and maintenance of our expansive seven-acre campus, which includes grounds, landscaping, hardscaping, and parking facilities.
The ideal candidate will possess a wealth of experience in facilities management, security, safety, and technology, demonstrating a proven track record of successful leadership in similar roles. You will bring your strategic vision to managing the technology department, working closely with the Director of Technology to ensure the seamless integration of cutting-edge solutions that support the museum’s mission. If you thrive in a challenging and multifaceted environment where your skills will directly contribute to the success of a prominent cultural institution, we invite you to apply for the position of VP of Facilities, Safety, Security, and Technology and become an integral part of our dedicated team. Join us in shaping the future of our museum and community through innovative and responsible management practices.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that a job offer will be contingent on completion of a successful background check.
Requirements / Qualifications
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Industrial/Facilities Management
- 10+ years’ experience in building, facility or industrial management
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in safety and security management
- A working knowledge and experience in Facilities Management regarding technical systems,
construction, maintaining large chill water plant such as steam reheat and water treatment, electrical
systems including digital controls, security, fire protection and motor controls.
- Knowledge of housekeeping supervision and grounds maintenance
- Business experience in budgets, vendor contracts, and working with suppliers
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver positive results
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, mission focused and a strategic thinker
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and facility control systems
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of attention to details.
- Contribute to a positive working environment and cooperate with co-workers
- ADA requirements include:
- The ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- The ability to climb ladders
- The ability to see and hear clearly for safety concerns
- The ability to navigate the museum safely
General Work Competencies:
1. Effective Communication Skills
Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens
attentively; ensures that information is understood by all parties; shares information in a timely manner
using the most appropriate method; presents well-organized information in a group setting.
- Maintains a constructive, open dialogue with all groups, individuals and speaks with candor
- Presentation Skills: engages audience by presenting well-organized material in an understandable
- Speaks persuasively and in a convincing manner
- Proofreads documents to ensure proper language usage
2. Reliable Problem Solving Abilities
- Develops and improves methods or skills related to solving problems on an individual or team
- Encourages team members to address areas of dispute within the department or with other
departments with respect in a timely manner
- Offers a calm, fair and respectful response to areas of dispute within team or larger group meetings
3. Quality & Accuracy of Work
- Commits to fulfilling responsibilities with professionalism, accuracy and the highest quality
- Coaches and encourages team members to produce excellence in their day to day tasks
- Follows up with missed opportunities as well as successes with team members
- Sets remedial goals and expectations as needed with team members
4. Performance Management
Sets clear goals and expectations for staff; follows progress against goals; provides regular feedback;
addresses performance issues promptly; fosters learning and development; provides public and private
recognition of staff accomplishments.
- Ensures that staff members have clear goals and performance expectations
- Organizes assignments, tasks, and expectations in a way that fosters opportunities for learning and
- Explicitly encourages others to achieve developmental goals and provides them with encouragement,
support, time, and resources
- Deals firmly and promptly with performance problems; lets staff members know what is expected of
them and when
- Provides specific performance feedback, both positive and constructive, as soon as possible after an
- Stays informed about staff member’s progress at meeting performance goals and expectations by
providing regular, effective verbal and written feedback on performance, including the completion of
annual written performance appraisals.
Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments;
implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information;
acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one’s behavior
6. Valuing Diversity
Treats all individuals fairly and respectfully, works effectively with others, regardless of their background,
position, or status; ensures that opportunities are equally available to all; respects different values and
- Consistently looks at issues from multiple perspectives, respecting the viewpoints and values of
- Treats people with fairness, respect, and consideration without regard for their position, status or
- Proactively minimizes barriers and ensures opportunities are equally available to all
- Understands multiple cultures and is able to work across boundaries
7. Collaboration Skills & Teamwork
- Empowers department team members to work together to achieve common goals
- Shares with museum staff when team members achieve above and beyond successes
- Supports creativity and new ways of accomplishing challenging goals
8. Ability to Timely Meet Deadlines, Goals & Objectives
- Works to develop realistic goals and objectives for self, individuals and the team
- Works to encourage and support team members to implement these goals & objectives
- Works with your team to meet deadlines with other departments to get the information your team
- Is efficient with meeting individual deadlines in a timely manner so that others are able to meet their
own individual or the team’s deadlines.
9. Overall Performance
- Works efficiently to meet deadlines, goals, and responsibilities, with professionalism and respect for
- Follows through with commitments to individual position, team members and other departments
A DIVERSE STAFF OF DEDICATED AND PASSIONATE PEOPLE: The Eiteljorg Museum seeks to attract, recruit and support a diverse staff of talented people. We offer competitive benefit packages and practice equal opportunity employment policies.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM: Located in White River State Park in downtown Indianapolis, the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art is a major cultural institution that has developed a national reputation for excellence. The Eiteljorg Museum shares the art, history and diverse cultures of Native America and the American West in all their diversity and complexity. As a 501c3 nonprofit, the Eiteljorg Museum conducts compelling art exhibitions and engaging programs for the public. In 2019, the museum celebrated 30 years of telling amazing stories.