Map, Hours, & Parking
Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Café: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday: Noon – 5 p.m.
Café: Noon – 3 p.m.
Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
Saturday – Sunday: Public guided gallery tours at 2 p.m. (Occurs most weekends. Call 317.636.9378 to confirm).
Located in White River State Park
500 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Enter the White River State Park (WRSP) underground parking garage from Washington Street. Free parking is offered to museum visitors most days out of the year when available. For groups with reservations, bus and motor coach parking is available (while spaces last) nearby at the WRSP south (surface) lot. The garage is owned by WRSP and operated by Republic Parking. Call Republic Parking at 317.234.0231 with questions.
Eiteljorg Members: Free
University Students (w/ID): $10
Youth 5-17: $10
Child 4 and under: Free
Members, Native Americans with tribal ID, Indiana teachers (K-12) with ID, IUPUI Students and Faculty: Free
Visitors with disabilities: $7.50 and companions and aides are admitted free of charge (We are committed to providing inclusive and interactive exhibits, programs, and public spaces for all visitors.)
If you would like to learn more about becoming an Eiteljorg member, click here.
Special discounts do not apply to all special events or festivals.
Access Pass Program Card holder: $2 per person named on the card
$2 Off of general admissions price:
- Time Travelers Program
- Military active duty members of any branch of service, plus immediate family*
- Military veterans of any branch of service
- AAA (any age)
- Convention attendees with a badge
- Downtown hotel guests with a room key
*As a Blue Star Museum, active duty military of any branch of service, plus immediate family, are granted free admission during the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Accessibility & Services
We are committed to providing inclusive and interactive exhibits, programs, and public spaces for all visitors. Visitors with disabilities can visit the museum at the rate of $7.50. Companions and aides are admitted free of charge. The following services and mobility offers are available for all people with disabilities.
- Free accessible parking is available on the first floor in the White River State Park underground garage while visiting the museum, museum café, or museum store and when spaces are available.
- Ramps and power doors located at both main and canal entrances.
- Accessible curbs located outside of our main entrance curb drop-off.
- Manual wheelchairs and canes are available free of charge at the admissions desk.
- Segway use is permitted for those with mobility impairments.
- ADA compliant elevators are accessible for all levels of the museum.
- Service animals are welcome.
Other services include:
- Braille on all museum elevators.
- Quiet Sensory Room on our canal level
- The family restroom is located on entry level 1 of the museum.
- Guest services can accommodate nursing mothers who would like a private, quiet place to care for their infant. Please contact a guest service representative for assistance.
- Bicycle racks are available at our main entrance near the drop off curb and canal entrance inside the canal gates.
- Wi-Fi is free throughout select areas of the museum, including museum café.
- Coat room at the main entrance to the museum.
- Lockers are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis and are located in our coat room. Check with our main admissions desk for access.
- Lost & Found and First Aid are located at our main entrance security station.
To ensure the safety and longevity of our art and artifacts, our policies are in place to help us maintain our preservation efforts. Please read the policy outlined below and be sure to follow all rules when visiting the museum.
- Please do not touch the art and artifacts.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum galleries and cannot be held by museum or café staff.
- Most damage to art is accidental: backpacks, umbrellas, coolers, and large or bulky bags are not allowed in the museum galleries and must be checked at the admission desk. Please review our list of prohibited items.
- Photography with no flash is allowed for personal use in our permanent galleries unless noted otherwise (i.e. a label may say “no photo” on it). Video is not allowed in permanent galleries.
- Photography and video is not allowed in our special exhibits unless noted (signs, etc). Tripods are not allowed.
- All youth 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the museum and on museum property.
- For the safety and consideration of all visitors, shoes and, shirts are required while visiting the museum and the museum grounds.
- The use of any cigarettes, tobacco, tobacco products, or electronic cigarettes are prohibited inside the building and within 8 feet of any entrance to the museum.
- Firearms and other weapons are not permitted in the museum.
Wonder why you might feel chilly in the museum or why we ask you not to touch art and artifacts? Learn more about the preservation and conservation of museum objects with our brochure, On Guard and see what it takes to keep our art and artifacts safe. Protecting collections from deterioration allows us to share with visitors for years to come.