- This event has passed.
Educators’ Open House
September 24 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Eiteljorg Museum is where you and your students can be immersed in the art, history and cultures of the Indigenous Peoples of North American and the American West. This is a day focused on your needs and how you can use and enjoy the galleries, gardens, programs and resources at the Eiteljorg Museum. Educators, administrators, support staff, and immediate family members will have free admission on Saturday, September 24.
- Meet staff and volunteers and share your needs for museum resources.
- See the museum’s newest installation Expressions of Life: Native Art in North America and learn how to connect your students with the artwork and themes in the gallery.
- Enjoy light refreshments.
- Meet and talk with artist in residence Monica Raphael (Anishinaabe – Sicangu Lakota).
- Learn about all the Eiteljorg has to offer – group tours, transportation grants, educational resources, artist in residence experiences, and more!
- Go on a sample tour – Guides are available to discuss connections to your class themes and the IDOE Academic Standards. They know how to keep a group moving and interested. Come by to talk about your needs and see some of the hands-on materials guides use on tour.
COST: Free for educators, administrators, faculty and their families